Come to Central London and join us for a shooting day on the Lady Daphne. Once on-board we take a sail along the Thames and moor up at our approved shooting location. Learn how to shoot some clay pigeons and relax and party as we cruise home again.
Why not get a group of friends, family or work colleagues out for this unique experience of a floating clay pigeon shoot, with full training and coaching.
For experienced shots it may not be their most challenging venue (we have to shoot away from the boat, naturally), but it has its compensations – seeing the shot on the water and the use of classic pieces such as flintlocks, 8 gauges or blunderbusses. With two traps, twenty-five guests get about fifteen shots apiece, sometimes much more if time permits.
The suggested programme is:
10:00 – 10:30 Meet at City Pier
- continental breakfast, teas and coffees
- voyage briefing
10:30 – 12:30 Sailing to the Shoot
- Tower Bridge opens for you
- Greenwich and the O2 Arena
- Thames Barrier and Barkingside
12:30 – 15:00 Anchored for Shooting
- history and safety briefing
- two traps, for each guest fifteen to twenty shots
- introduction to some unique, old shotguns, blunderbusses and waterfowling guns
- hot buffet lunch
- light-hearted competition, typically twelve shots
15:00 – 17:30 Return to London
- beer (now the shooting’s over) guests take the helm, tea and cakes
- sail (wind and weather permitting)
Costs for the above itinerary range from £130 to £200 per person depending on the number of participants (minimum 20 , maximum 30). Catering costs vary from £30-£40 per person depending on choices.
Bar facilities available after the shooting experience and are subject to additional costs.